These sites will provide you with general legal information about child custody and access from reputable sources. We understand that family law is complex and the best course of action is to contact a lawyer to obtain legal advice.
- Government of Canada – Department of Justice: Custody and Parenting
- Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General – What You Should Know about Family Law in Ontario
- Community Legal Education Ontario – Separation and Divorce: Child Custody, Access and Parenting Plans
- The Law Society of Upper Canada – Family Law: Custody and Child Support
- Family Matters TV – An online TV show hosted by an Ontario Court Judge that addresses modern family issues such as divorce and separation
- Legal Aid Ontario – Family Law
- Family Law Information Centres
- Toronto Family Law Blog – An informative site that provides useful information about family law from two Ontario lawyers
- Just Answer – Online access to Ontario law advice
Need practical advice on how to deal with the stress of separation and divorce? Need new ways to support your children as they navigate the new changes to their family? The following sites will help:
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Children and Family Break-Up
- Our Family Wizard: An effective way to communicate for shared custody parents
The following sites are designed as a resource for children coping with the effects of divorce or separation:
- Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General – A Child’s Guide to Understanding Divorce and Separation
- Because Life Goes On…Helping Children and Youth Live with Separation and Divorce
Important Notice: We do not endorse or promote any services that may be provided by the aforementioned sites. Our “Resources” page is purely for informational purposes.
Have you found a resource that has assisted you with managing the challenges of divorce or separation? Let us know about it, and where appropriate, we will share it with our community of parents by adding it to our list.